Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Canada Food Guide

In Canada we have something called the Canada Food Guide, which recommends that each day, adult men have 8-10 "servings" of vegetables/fruit, 8 of bread/rice/grain-products, 2 of milk/alternatives, and 3 of meat/alternatives.

Reading this makes me realize that my bachelor's diet of Mr. Noodles, eggs, and cereal is not enough. I'm definitely going to be changing how I eat to be healthier and more in line with this guide.

Are you making sure you are eating healthy?

3 Comments:

  • Somehow I stumbled across your blog in random travels through the vast forest of the internet-- oh, I remember now. It was through YubNub, which was the top result when I googled YubNub, which I did because the phrase was mentioned in the webcomic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal. I knew what it was from, but for some reason I searched it to see what would come up. And I found your blog. And I liked it, so I read the entire page top to bottom. And now I'll leave and probably never be back. But for fifteen minutes, a random stranger perused your shared thoughts and found them very interesting. Thought you'd like to know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/08/2012 9:10 p.m.  

  • Thanks Anon!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/09/2012 8:28 p.m.  

  • Hi... found your blog while looking into Yublin and put it on my RSS reader. If you're interested in healthy eating, there is an increasing body of evidence that grain is not nearly as great a food as it's commonly believed to be. A good place to start is the book "Wheat Belly." I'd also recommend looking into the FAQ at reddit.com/r/keto. Good luck!

    By Anonymous Guy T., at 4/19/2012 12:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home