Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Refocusing my studying

I like to spend my free hours reading. The trouble is, there aren't many free hours. And when I do read, I tend to pick up a book haphazardly, from my pile of books, without any particular focus. The result is that I don't finish what I'm reading - always hopping from book to book.

Sometimes I ask people how much free time they have in the evenings for leisure. It seems to vary from an hour and a half to three hours. For me, it's an hour and a half, often less. So I really need to make the most of this time.

I'm going to try focusing on fewer books/resources:

* Philosophy: The Last Superstition
* Theology: Introduction to the Devout Life
* History: The Catholic Church Through the Ages
* Scripture: Read the Bible and the Catechism in a Year
* Technology: Learn TCP/IP in 24 Hours
* Literature: Mark Twain's Joan of Arc

I could easily double the size of this list, but then I would get nothing done. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home