Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ultralightweight Backpacks

Whenever I go out, I take my backpack. It's my exoskeleton. If you're the same way, you might be interested in considering an ultralightweight backpack.

I like my old Kensington laptop backpack. But my luggage scale tells me that it's 2.3 lbs. Surely we can do better.

There are a couple of ultralightweights that I'm going to check out next weekend. The Packable Daypack is 0.5 lbs and holds 11 L. But it's a bit flimsy and the outer pockets don't have zippers. $25.

Packable Daypack

The other one I'm going to check out is the Eagle Creek Compass. It's 0.6 lbs and is sturdier, and has zippered compartments. But it only holds 2 L. That might be good enough though. $35.

Compass

2 Comments:

  • I like the second bag you listed.

    A couple of years ago I bought this Tom Bihn bag:

    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/200/TB0202

    The bag looks brand new after a couple of years. But my son took a liking to it and now it's his. Now, I am looking for a new bag. I was thinking of getting the large size version of the Cafe bag but I am going to check out the Eagle Creek Compass.

    --Carlos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2010 3:15 p.m.  

  • @Carlos - The Cafe bag looks good.

    I was considering getting the Compass, but the saleslady mentioned that it is a "murse", which put me off...

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/21/2011 8:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home