Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Switched to Mac.

I am in the middle of switching to a Mac.

The quick startup and shutdown times are a nice change. It's nice that the disk isn't thrashing like it is on my PC.

I'm running the Mac and PC side by side for now - I have heard that there's a bit of an adjustment period.

Picked up David Pogue's book "Switching to the Mac: the missing manual" which should help with the transition. It seems witty and well written.

5 Comments:

  • Congratulations.

    Transitioning should be quick. I made the jump over two years ago and I am glad I did. I had a couple of applications that were only windows based which held me back initially from deciding but I have found alternative apps.

    I am curiuos, are there any windows apps you are giving up? If so, have you found Mac counterparts?

    --Carlos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/09/2010 9:36 a.m.  

  • I switched to a mac a year ago and it was a life changing experience. Although i was scared at first but I'm glad I made the jump. My mac has "frozen up" on me like twice or so since I've had it. My pc would crash everyday.

    Congrats and best wishes with your new mac. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

    Lola

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/09/2010 10:20 p.m.  

  • FINALLY!!! Looking forward to reading how you get on with the switch, and I eagerly await the post in which you realise I was right all along ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/13/2010 2:03 p.m.  

  • finally! :) hope you find it increases your productivity.

    By Blogger w, at 5/26/2010 8:17 a.m.  

  • @Carlos - Yep, fully transitioned over to Mac now - it's great.

    @Lola - Yeah, I was scared too at first, but now it's just great.

    @Paul - Yep, you were right all along - Mac's are the best!

    @w - Thanks! Definitely increases productivity - especially the speed of it.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/21/2011 8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home