Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Today was indeed a good day. First of all I helped someone halfway across the world to debug their program (see the post on Range.RangeTreeMap). I know Java really well - been using it for 6 years - so I am really good at debugging programs, including Swing apps. Also I can do tricky Swing programming, using flags to sidestep unnecessarily repeated event handling, and other tricks to keep the user interface responsive.

Also, I've got a knack for building on other people's ideas. As I've mentioned before, I will be doing something when BAM! an idea pops into my head about how to do it better. I'm a refiner of ideas. Which is why I would be more effective on a design *team* rather than as a sole designer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home