Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Email is the clipboard of the Google OS

Email is the glue of the internet, the clipboard of the Google OS. It's the means by which you can easily move information from one web app to another. For example, using email I can spray text and pictures to (1) my blog (2) my friends' email accounts (3) mailing-lists (4) Usenet groups. And using email I can monitor webpages without RSS feeds.

I wish more web apps would let me interface with them via email.
I wish Blogger's post-by-email would let me post pictures (oh well, I'll use Flickr/Hello for now).
I wish boardgamegeek.com would use my normal email account instead of their built-in messaging system.
Ditto for epost.ca, where I check my bills.
I wish bulletin boards like the Getting Things Done forums would let me post by email.
I wish . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home