Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Choosing a toilet

Over the past couple of weeks, I have greatly increased my knowledge of what characterizes good toilets. We had to replace a toilet, so I did a bunch of web research. There's a surprising amount of detailed information if you google for 'toilet reviews'.

In summary, good toilet models are the Toto Drake and Toto Ultramax. They have a good flush, yet they aren't pressure assisted, so no electricity required. I got a Toto Drake for $340 for the toilet, $40 for materials, and $160 for labor (Canadian dollars). The UltraMax is a couple hundred more.

Here's a video that someone posted of the Toto Drake flushing 16 napkins. In high definition.

1 Comments:

  • You gotta get one of those toilet seats that are cushiony too! And definitely don't get one made of wood because they harbor bacteria. I saw it on "the Doctors" tv show. Gives you but acne which is not very sexy.

    If I ever won the lottery I would love to have a gold toilet seat. That would be hella glamorous but I suppose it would'nt be so comfy. It would be rather cold for the backside.

    -Lola on the contemplation of toilet seats

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2010 11:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home