Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lines written on a bus, travelling home from Vancouver

Streetlamp by streetlamp
We glide through the night
Languidly we sit on padded seats
While Quebecois girls trill in the background
It's night.
A bell, and the red light illumines
The bus turns right on Resthaven Road
En français.

A traveller ascends the stair
The Quebecois girls laughingly alight
Branches screechingly scrape the roof
I see faces reflected in the glass
As the bus turns into the woods.

Woman at my right,
You and I are strangers mute
You with your earbuds and I with my suit.

Lights are yellow here
Greenhouses glow with a yellow light
Streetlamp by yellow streetlamp
Yellow numbers on double-decker buses
And a dank yellow smell.

I wish this languid ride would never end
Its hectic destination be postponed
But then, one fully is oneself at home.

3 Comments:

  • Impressive Jonathan! My fav was "Woman at my right,
    You and I are strangers mute ,You with your earbuds and I with my suit."

    I hate the awkward silence on buses and how everyone tries to avoid eye contact. Drives me mad! Which is why I love to wear my Jacky O sunnies on the bus so I can people watch unbeknownst to them. It makes me feel luck such a badass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2010 10:31 p.m.  

  • /\
    |
    |
    |
    |

    <3 Lola

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2010 10:34 p.m.  

  • Thanks Lola!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/21/2011 8:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home