Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Time-Shifted Feeds

For the past week, I have been using FeedChopper to create "time-shifted RSS feeds" for some popular Top 10 lists that have been making headlines (for example, Inserit's Top 100 Links for Web Designers and UrbanFont's images of their Top 100 Free Fonts). These feeds are "time-shifted" because they begin on the day you add them to your feedreader, and give you a new item each day. It's a great way to absorb information.

Here are ten time-shifted feeds. You can easily create your own.

2 Comments:

  • I like the idea of time-shifting feeds. It would be cool to take an rss feed as an input, then be able set the interval time.

    I was looking at a podcast from a university course recently. The course was already done, so when I subscribed with my feed reader, all the feed entries showed up at once. I'd like to be able to subscribe in a way that it would send old entries to me once a week.

    Anyway, thanks again for a cool service.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/06/2007 1:08 p.m.  

  • Brian - You're most welcome! Interesting podcast problem.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 1/06/2007 1:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home