Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Freeware sticky notes alternative: EverNote

While I was enjoying Hott Notes (freeware sticky-notes program), it was giving me a lot of trouble (became excruciatingly slow to delete notes; wouldn't remember settings on startup). Which is too bad because lots of people love it.

And I didn't want to go back to index cards. So I'm going to go with EverNote, which is a freeware (for now?) alternative to Microsoft's acclaimed OneNote software. Basically the idea is that you can throw all sorts of text and notes into it. It's very well done and highly regarded. And it will be a lot faster to input information into than my old way of using index cards.

4 Comments:

  • Looks like a nice app. I tried OneNote for a while, but it is too clunky. And no real integration with PocketPC/SmartPhone; who takes their laptop with them everywhere? I need all that stuff sync'd to my Smartphone before it's of any real use to me.

    Neato site by the way!

    By Blogger Steve Bogner, at 4/09/2006 5:47 p.m.  

  • Hi learningrx - yup, quick way to get stuff out of our heads and jotted down!

    Steve - yeah it rocks! Been using it for a few weeks now and it does the job. I just hit Ctrl+Shift+N whenever I need to write something.

    And thanks for letting me know about those OneNote issues!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/12/2006 12:17 a.m.  

  • This looks excellent! If it works well, it may replace the Rainlendar I was bragging about in a different comment!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/03/2006 1:51 a.m.  

  • Hi Jake--Yup it's pretty good. Good place to throw in text quickly and easily.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/03/2006 12:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home