Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

American Idol app on Ning

I just finished coding a fully-AJAXified app on Ning for the American Idol folks, and I am super-proud of it. Fully CSS/XHTML-compliant, unobtrusive JavaScript (thanks to Behavior.js), amazingly clean Rubyish JavaScript (yay for Prototype.js!!), cool fade transitions (kudos to the remarkable Scriptaculous library which makes them so easy). This thing is a work of art, and I am ecstatic just thinking about it.

Code to bask in:
Mad props to Kyle Ford who did the visual design.

9 Comments:

  • Well, it's OK ...oh wait, I had NoScript turned on... in fact it's brilliant, really impressive. You are right to glow with pride.
    Of course, it's not a lot of use to those of us who aren't American Idol fans. Or even American...
    Great work though.

    By Blogger Neil MacLean, at 3/28/2006 2:03 p.m.  

  • Yay! Thanks Neil. Actually I'm a Canadian myself!!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 3/28/2006 2:07 p.m.  

  • Jon, I am seriously jealous! That CSS is a work of art! After introducing you to the ways of semantic XHTML+CSS, I'm now the one playing catch up - damn you!!!

    Thankfully part of your genius is that you comment everything you do - which is just the icing on the cake!

    Well done Sir, it's a real pleasure working with you!

    (BTW, I guess you now hate Snazzy as much as I do? ;-) )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/28/2006 9:42 p.m.  

  • Paul - As your work has been the inspiration for my learning css/xhtml, I am deeply touched.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 3/28/2006 9:56 p.m.  

  • As the man who asked the man to make the map by THE man, I am proud of your work and hope it kills your servers...in a good way of course. Thanks again...Jeff

    By Blogger Kinger, at 3/29/2006 7:19 p.m.  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2006 7:19 p.m.  

  • Jeff - pleasure working with you! And it did kill our servers - thanks!

    Anon - Yay!!!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 3/30/2006 8:33 p.m.  

  • gud one

    By Blogger COZMOS, at 4/07/2006 3:17 a.m.  

  • Cozmos - thanks!

    JYLondon - yay!!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/13/2006 12:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home