Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Including the size of your inbox in your signature

To give people a rough indication of when they might hear back from me, I am now including in my email signature the number of emails in my Inbox. I'm just doing it manually.

--
Jon Aquino (Victoria BC Canada)
http://jonathanaquino.com Emails in Inbox: 109
ICQ: 334568010 MSN/Yahoo: Jonathan_Aquino

This is a useful technique because it let's people know that you're not ignoring their mail.

Hopefully with what I have learned from the Getting Things Done methodology, that number will soon be 0.

5 Comments:

  • but i actually rather seldom clean my inbox (5XX now).. so you write the number of unread emails..?? and that means always to reply?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2005 4:51 p.m.  

  • "Getting Things Done" is a great book. Number of unread emails = 0.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2005 5:06 p.m.  

  • Hi perriger - Yeah, number of unread emails. Whether I reply to them depends on the email - GTD teaches that you have four options:

    * do it now if it takes less than 2 minutes
    * delegate it to someone else
    * defer it to your calendar or todo lists
    * trash it

    Anonymous - I'm jealous of your empty inbox. I'll be there soon.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/23/2005 11:09 a.m.  

  • ok .. i think i should read that book ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/23/2005 1:06 p.m.  

  • You'll love it!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/23/2005 1:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home