Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Saturday, March 26, 2005

MemeWatch: GreaseMonkey

The latest meme that is appearing on my radar screen is GreaseMonkey. This is a Firefox extension that "fixes" various websites, and new fixes for new websites can easily be added. For example, there is a GreaseMonkey script to add auto-complete to the del.icio.us tag input-box.

That's the cool-thing about del.icio.us popular -- you typically get a 48-hour lead on interesting memes before they hit larger news sites like Slashdot (and a week or two before they hit big media sites like CNet).

4 Comments:

  • I know what you mean. I just discovered URIid, but everywhere I look it seems like I'm being hit over the head with GreaseMonkey as the real key to browser-side customization of websites.

    By Blogger Darius Kazemi, at 3/26/2005 2:03 p.m.  

  • Ok, that's it Darius, I'm subscribing to your blog. Seems like you and I seem to be interested in similar things. Although I'm not currently into video games... (I was recently very into german boardgames however).

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 3/26/2005 2:12 p.m.  

  • Don't worry. Darius will get you into games. (Perhaps whether you like it or not.) ;)

    By Blogger Darren Torpey, at 4/13/2005 7:55 p.m.  

  • Heh ... hope so! The height of my videogame enthusiasm was NES Classic and Super Nintendo. I had a lot of fun playing RPG's and anything Fantasy. I especially had fun playing this fantasy side-scroller called Wizards and Warriors.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/13/2005 8:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home