Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Saturday, November 07, 2015

MYN vs GTD

I'm trying out a new task management system called MYN ("Mind Your Now"). I have ported all of my GTD tasks into MYN. It seems to be quite good:

  • The best thing is that lists are kept small because you can hide items for a given number of days/weeks/years. You choose the next time that the item should pop in for review. So the weekly review becomes very quick.
  • Another good thing is that the system gives you good suggestions for what to do next: your list is sorted, so the stuff you need to focus on appears at the top. It is sorted first by urgency (counterintuitively) (with 3 classes of urgency), and then by start date (not due date) (so newer tasks appear first). I have always wanted a system that could suggest to me what to do next.

There is a free e-book called The One Minute To-Do List that has the MYN  system (with implementation using Toodledo) in its closing chapters. I liked it so much that I bought one of Michael Linenberger's books to get advanced details on the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home