Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

zsh tip of the day

I've been getting into the zsh shell as a replacement for bash. But there are so many things to learn that I wanted a "Tip of the Day" to give me a random tip whenever starting my shell. The tips are from zsh-lovers.

So I made a tip-of-the-day script. Simply put these two files in ~/tips, then add php ~/tips/tips.php to your .zshrc file.

tips.php

tips.txt

The next time you start up your shell, you will see something like:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zsh tip of the day

# Match file names containing only digits and ending with .xml (require
# *setopt kshglob*)
$ ls -l [0-9]##.xml
$ ls -l <0->.xml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home