Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Marble Slab ice cream

I recently went to one of those fancy ice cream shops that mix toppings into the ice cream as you watch – the ones that sell you an ice cream cone for $7.50. (Fortunately I had a gift card. Thanks Sam!) I ordered a White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl.

And I must say, it was actually quite good. The first thing I noticed was that the ice cream on the cone was quite soft. So instead of licking it, you suck chunks of it into your mouth. Quite nice. And because the ingredients are mixed in, you find yourself chewing on various tasty bits (chunks of raspberry, almonds, and caramel in my case). Yum.

So I think I will get another $7.50 Marble Slab ice cream cone sometime. And maybe even again when the gift card runs out. But instead of the White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl (which I found a bit too fruity and tart – what did I expect?), I'll probably go for something along more chocolatey lines – like Peanut Butter Crunch, Rocky Road, or Cookie Dough Drizzle.

Have you tried boutique ice cream?

Marble Slab ice cream
The White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl was intense. Photo from marbleslab.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home