Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How to prioritize any list

This is a handy technique for prioritize a list. It's taken from the book What Color Is Your Parachute.

It's called the Prioritizing Grid. Someone has written a webpage to make it easy: http://www.beverlyryle.com/prioritizing_grid.htm?items=11

You simply enter your list down the diagonal. Then for each pair, you choose which of the two is the higher priority.

When you're done, you click a button at the bottom, and you are presented with your prioritized list on the right.



For example, I wanted to prioritize my evening activites (because I barely have time to get through even a few of them).

Here's my prioritized list. If I have time in the evenings, I'm going to start at the top and work down.

1. Mass on TV
2. Meditation
3. Review calendar items
4. Practice Latin
5. Review action lists
6. Exercise
7. Reading I
8. Memorize scripture
9. RSS Feeds
10. Reading II
11. Practice calligraphy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home