Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Mozy success story

I pay Mozy $5/month to back up some of my directories. I’ve heard both good things and bad things about this service. On the positive side, it’s garnered lots of good reviews. On the negative side, lots of users complain that backups take forever (which I’ve solved by splitting up my Outlook pst file into smaller, quarterly ones) and that it takes forever to do an online restore (and that sending away for a CD dump of the data is better).

Today I discovered that one of my Excel files went missing. I guess I accidentally deleted it. Anyway, I went into Mozy and restored it. A minute later, it was back.

So I’m going to keep on forking over my $5/month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home