Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Quotes from Steve Wozniak's "iWoz"

iWoz

I'm enjoying Steve Wozniak's book iWoz. I'll post interesting quotes here as I find them:
  • "You can't teach somebody two cognitive steps above from where you areā€”and knowing that helped me with my own children as well as with the fifth graders I taught later on. I kept telling them, like a mantra: One step at a time."
  • "My thinking is that a company is like a family, a community, where we all take care of each other. I never agreed with the normal thinking, where a company is more competition driven, and the poorest, youngest or most recently hired workers are always the first to go."

3 Comments:

  • Hi, Jon, I came across your Woz quotes when seeking a Dream quote by him for PR for my book THE TOONIES INVADE SILICON VALLEY.

    TOONIES is out of print right now but is coming back as an e-Book in a week or two (publisher Canterbury House).

    Steve graciously allowed me to use him in a speaking role in the book and that's why I'd like a clever quote about dreaming big or about writing in general... Do you know any?

    Thanks, and check the book out later.

    Betty Dravis

    By Blogger Betty Dravis, at 5/03/2011 9:13 p.m.  

  • @Betty - Hm - I don't know any suitable quotes offhand. Hope the re-release of the book goes well!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/21/2011 7:22 p.m.  

  • Thanks, Jonathan, I love my book THE TOONIES INVADE SILICON VALLEY. It's a fun parody of Silicon Valley in lots of ways. It was a joy to write.

    Love your interest. I managed to get quotes from others and Stephen King let me change a quote of his, making it my own quote. LOL

    Best of luck in all you do, you little genius you.

    Betty

    By Blogger Betty Dravis, at 7/21/2011 9:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home