Programming Books and a $200 Amazon Gift Certificate
I received a $200 Amazon gift certificate and here's what I got:
- Implementation Patterns ($34) by Kent Beck. Tips for maintainable code. Should be a fun read.
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture ($43) by Martin Fowler. Web presentation, concurrency, O/R, distributed objects.
- Why Programs Fail: A Guide to Systematic Debugging ($58) by Andreas Zeller. The priciest book of the bunch. Looks like it's written in an engaging way. Hope to expand on the debugging techniques I learned from Debugging: The Nine Essential Rules.
- Domain-Driven Design $44. Many reviews complained of its verbosity.
- xUnit Test Patterns $45. Too long (900 pages).
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs $70. I should read this sometime.
- Code Complete 2 $30. Read the original Code Complete some years ago. Wonder if the new edition merits a second reading.
- Programming Pearls $30. A favorite of James Gosling and Tim Bray.