Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Two Windows Programs I'm Trying Out: Directory Opus, Button Boogie

  • Directory Opus - It's the Rolls Royce of file managers, and it's pretty pricey ($75). But it has the little luxurious touches. I'm also thinking about trying out XYplorer - half the price, and also well spoken of.
  • Button Boogie 2 - I just bought this one for $8 from PC Magazine. It arranges my taskbar buttons alphabetically. I think I've found window-management nirvana - my taskbar is docked to my right, showing the titles of all my windows, and they are organized alphabetically so I can easily find any open window.

Funny how window-management has remained essentially the same for the past 20 years - overlapping windows. The drawback of course is that it's hard to find windows hidden behind others. So having an alphabetically sorted list of windows always visible is a major step forward in ease of use.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home