Books I'm reading
Here's an idea: Post on your blog the books you are reading, and a recent sentence from each.
- Vein of Gold. "The book you are about to embark on is a pilgrimage, a journey of healing."
- The Italic Way to Beautiful Handwriting. "WARNING! DANGER! If you miss _any_ of the important points in THIS lesson, all future practice of Italic will be wasted! of no value!"
- PHP Cookbook. "However, if the header's
mustUnderstandattribute is flagged as
true, then the
SOAPServerwill issue a SOAP fault with a fault code of
SOAP-ENV:MustUnderstandand a fault string of
Header not understood."
- War and Peace (via email). "'And me? Would you like to kiss me?' she whispered almost inaudibly, glancing up at him from under her brows, smiling, and almost crying from excitement."
- CSS Mastery. "Another useful filter is known as the commented backslash hack."
- The Life of Samuel Johnson (via email). "Though Mrs. Porter was double the age of Johnson, and her person and manner, as described to me by the late Mr. Garrick, were by no means pleasing to others, she must have had a superiority of understanding and talents, as she certainly inspired him with a more than ordinary passion."
- Agile Software Development. "Subtypes must be substitutable for their base types. Barbara Liskov first wrote this principle in 1988."
- Mastering Regular Expressions. "That is, what does s/(?=s\b)(?<=\bJeff)/'/g do? Turn the page to check your answer."