Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Mapping numeric keypad to mouse buttons, cut/copy/paste, etc.

The RSIGuard break-timer software I'm trying out comes with a mouse auto-clicker (clicks whenever you stop the mouse) and a keyboard remapper (which includes drag-lock). It's quite comfortable - I move the mouse with my left hand without clicking - it clicks for me whenever the mouse stops. This may sound dangerous, but in practice it works quite well.

With my right hand, I use the numeric keypad, which I have remapped as follows:



You can use any mouse - I find that the Evoluent Vertical Mouse works quite well. In the past I hated it because it gave me various aches (probably from sideways clicking), but that's no longer an issue when you use an auto-clicker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home