Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

3-pedal footswitch for programming and browsing

fs-elite-triple229x170

The quest for better ergonomics continues. I am trying out these Kinesis Savant Elite footpedals. I've assigned them to Shift, Right Click, and Left Click. After a couple of days, I quite like them - my wrists and forearms seem to fatigue less quickly. (Unfortunately, Shift-Click (pedal 1 + pedal 3) opens a link in a new window rather than a new tab in Firefox, but you can fix this by editing a js file in browser.jar.)

1 Comments:

  • I think this is making my ankles ache. Probably better to download one of those utilities that automatically clicks the mouse whenever you stop moving it. There's a free one somewhere; I'm trying out AutoClick that comes with RSIGuard.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 1/22/2007 12:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home