Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Constructing a personal photo history using Google Earth

Westin Hotel

Google Earth (the downloadable big brother of Google Maps) is breathtaking at times. I love how you can tilt the view down to street level - especially for the high-resolution maps, the effect is quite realistic.

I'm putting together a site with meaningful places I've been to at various times in my life. And because I don't have photos of these places, I'm using Google Earth to fill in the blanks. They look pretty good too (using tilt view).

When I have an hour to kill I think I shall travel to Paris, or to Rome, visit St. Peter's Basilica, or see what Tokyo looks like.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home