Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Using the Google Sidebar's Photo Widget without the sidebar

I use Google Desktop, but not in Sidebar Mode which takes up a chunk of real estate; rather I keep it in the taskbar ("Deskbar mode").

But recently I wanted to use the Photo Widget from the sidebar, and thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I could just drag this widget from the sidebar so I could use it on its own?". Well it turns out you can:



Now I have a nifty way to keep up to date with my contacts' photos (and it makes for a nice little distraction :-)

4 Comments:

  • this is "Popeye's room" (Dave and Pam's dog) when they visited. We also celebrated "Popeye's" 1st birtday.

    Noticed the plastic runners over the carpet. It's the smartest idea to have!

    But Popeye still managed to throw up in the weee little corner, near the T.V. Very smart guy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/02/2006 7:41 a.m.  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPEYE!


    birtday is for the dogs!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/02/2006 7:55 a.m.  

  • You do know that you can just set the sidebar to autohide so that it doesn't take up space... right? ;)

    By Blogger Singpolyma, at 6/09/2006 2:32 a.m.  

  • Hi Singpolyma - I hadn't considered that. Thanks for the tip!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 6/09/2006 2:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home