Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Where I find my freeware

I was thrilled to receive this note of appreciation from Tim M:

Thank you for the mental garden. I found your garden while looking for freeware advice on google about 3 months ago. Since then I have found a use for at least 2 or 3 freeware programs you reviewed that have helped me enormously in my projects at home, and also at work.

Just want to quickly mention where I find freeware and how I am confident that they are highly recommended and virus free. The basic source is pricelessware.org, though digg.com occasionally has highly-rated freeware lists that appear as front-page stories.

To check how good a freeware program is, or if it is known to have spyware/viruses, search for it in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup.

4 Comments:

  • Hi! Great blog indeed. I like finding something simple that makes a huge difference and this blog seems to be full of them.

    Nail It is especially useful - and such a small and simple app!

    Thanks,
    Greg

    By Blogger Greg, at 4/07/2006 7:27 a.m.  

  • Hi Greg - yup, NailIt is pretty useful! The timer one is also especially good - it even remembers your settings when you exit and come back.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/13/2006 12:21 a.m.  

  • cool blog jon!
    i like your style and i am following with keen interest. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a adsense site/blog. It pretty much covers adsense related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Blogger Alfred Opare-Saforo, at 4/20/2006 8:07 a.m.  

  • Thanks Alfred - I snuck a quick peek at your site.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/20/2006 7:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home