Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

TTScasting? Blogcasting? Autopodcasting?

The blogosphere needs a good name for the use of Text-To-Speech (TTS) to automatically generate podcasts from the links in RSS feeds.

Some ideas I have are: "TTScasting", "podblogging", "autopodcasting", "blogcasting", "textpodding", "textcasting". I'm partial to "blogcasting", but there is a danger that it could be confused with regular "blogging". And "TTScasting" is just too geeky to ever be accepted by the mainstream.

2 Comments:

  • I like "podblogging" or "textcasting" myself. This is some cool stuff. I can't wait to see (or hear) the final results.

    By Blogger Iain Lowe, at 4/06/2005 7:33 a.m.  

  • Yeah, I am so jazzed up by this technology. It is wonderful to listen to good webpages on the daily commute.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/06/2005 12:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home