Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Monitoring comment threads and sites without RSS feeds: WatchThatPage

Do you have a favourite page doesn't have an RSS feed? There's a free service called WatchThatPage (not to be confused with WatchThisPage) that will "diff" the page at regular intervals and send you an email containing the parts that are new. (Yes it's email rather than a feed, but did you know that Bloglines gives you multiple email accounts that you can use for this purpose?).

I wanted a way to monitor comment threads on other people's blogs. When I leave a comment on someone's blog, chances are that I won't come back to check up on it. Using the WatchThatPage bookmarklet I get notified whenever someone replies to my comments.

Neat!

2 Comments:

  • Jon- another interesting post. I will mention this and the new vic bloggers in my next post.

    I see the choo choo post came through. The pic link is ok but the flickr text code came through odd.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2005 8:17 a.m.  

  • Hi Leon - Hope WatchThatPage is of use to ya. It's not perfect, but it's not too shabby either.

    Not sure what you meant about the flickr text code. Anyway, hope the problem irons itself out.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 4/30/2005 12:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home