Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Praying For One Hour a Day

In his book The Rhythm of Life Matthew Kelly advocates being still for one hour a day. And I'm going to try it. I don't know how long I can keep it up -- it might be an extremely useful lifetime practice. An hour - it's a huge amount of time, I gotta say. And yet, if it is an exercise that will help me to understand myself and my purpose in life, then like regular physical exercise, it is definitely going to be worth it.

Speaking of which, regular physical exercise is something I've got to keep up as well. For this purpose I enjoy playing footbag (hacky sack), although currently I am down with a cold so I'm putting it aside for a few days while I heal up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home