Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Monday, December 13, 2004

5 things that are important to me in my work:

1. A manager who knows my skills and interests, and is thus able to give me work that I get excited about. Has training in communication skills and empathy. Supportive rather than critical.

2. Work that makes use of my strengths: my knowledge of mathematics; my knowledge of user-interface design and statistical graphics; and my knowledge of current internet and programming technologies and methodologies.

3. Being based in my hometown of Victoria.

4. Work that normally requires no more than 8 hours of each day, thus allowing adequate time for rest.

5. Working with people who are very smart and very creative – professionals at the top of their field. Together we create things of beauty, things to cause wonder and awe. This atmosphere of excellence permeates the culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home