Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Re: [Jon Aquino's Mental Garden] 11/23/2004 12:26:20 AM

Ha ha - hello iKnit! Two main reasons:


1. Index cards are the core of project management in Extreme
Programming. Simply write all your tasks on index cards. Then you will
have two piles: To Do and Done. So you always have a precise, accurate
indication of the % completion of our project. cf. book: Extreme
Programming.

2. They're just great for note-taking. Scribble down a note, and chuck
it into your inbox! cf. book: Getting Things Done (GTD).


In Extreme Programming, Kent Beck gives a couple of other uses for
index cards, one of which is for creating use cases ("CRC cards"). The
beauty of index cards is that their small size encourages you to be
brief and specific.




On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:30:05 -0800 (PST), iKnit wrote:
> I'm a programmer - tell me why index cards should be my best friend!!
>
> Weird cause I keep a stack at my desk but I don't use them for anything work
> related.
>
> --
> Posted by iKnit to Jon Aquino's Mental Garden at 11/23/2004 12:26:20 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home