Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Monday, November 08, 2004

Close your eyes and visualize yourself in a career you

9 AM. The sun is shining. I've had a good eight-hours sleep. I decide to work for the morning; this afternoon I will purchase a new board game and read the rules.

Today it is warm enough to do some beach programming. I put my iBook in my backpack and take a taxi to Ogden Point. Sitting on the rocks, I call my company on my Treo and check for interesting projects. I choose one about whipping up a website using Ruby on Rails. It's me, the sun, the wind, the waves, and XEmacs.

12 PM. The web app's actually finished, and I'm pretty proud of it. I email it to the person who needed it. Next I surf to Bloglines to keep tabs on what's new in the technology world. I then whip out my Treo and do my GTD weekly review.

Lunch is shepherd's pie at the Ogden Point restaurant. It's also time to do a bit of hacky sacking. A couple of people see me and we kick it in a circle for 20 minutes.

The Treo is a joy to use. The company gives me funding to try out all sorts of nifty gadgets and software tools. I then let my co-workers know which ones fly and which ones flop. It's fun to talk shop with my buds, as they also get excited about cutting-edge technology -- we hype each other up.

tag:pf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home