Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Dinosaur Brains by Albert J. Bernstein

Well I got 40 pages into Dinosaur Brains and I'm a bit disappointed. It's underlying world view does not meet my needs for meaning in work (it sees work as a corporate ladder that needs to be climbed) and joy in work (a coworker helps another not out of joy but for the other's loyalty). I much prefer Marshall Rosenberg's "Nonviolent Communication" for developing honest relationships.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the tip! It definitely looks like a book I might have read otherwise... Even though I haven't stumbled across it, I figure it was only a matter of time. :-)

    Cheers,

    /Mattias

    http://iblog.winthernet.se/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/23/2004 8:10 a.m.  

  • Yeah, there's a few gems in there (I like the bit on office romance), but unfortunately you have to dig to find them.

    By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/23/2004 9:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home