Jon Aquino's Mental Garden

Engineering beautiful software jon aquino labs | personal blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I was discussing possible causes of a certain error message with H_____, and I was convinced that it was because the tables were in the schema, whereas he thought the tables were possibly not in the schema. Anyway, I started to feel kind of annoyed. Why? Perhaps because my needs for connection and being understood were not being met. On H_____'s side, I suppose his need for being understood also was not being met. He also seemed tired, having worked an hour of overtime, and so he may have needed rest as well.

Resolution: not to give any advice or thoughts until I fully understand the point of view of the other person. Or something like that anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home